Lemon juicing has long been a staple of many healthy diets. Lemons are famously packed with goodness and vitamins. If you pick up the best lemon juicer that you can afford, you’ll be able to enjoy these health benefits too.
Lemon juicers can in various shapes and sizes. You can pop your lemons, peel and all, into a standard juicer. The taste of lemon peel is not for everybody, though. That’s why I wrote this guide. I will review nine great appliances, and help you choose the best citrus squeezer for your needs.
What is a Lemon/Lime Juicer Called?
Lemons can be fed into a traditional juicer. For the best results, however, use a specialist product called a lemon squeezer. A lemon squeezer will manually extract all the juice from citrus fruit, ensuring that you lose none of the goodness. This is much easier than using a citrus reamer and tastier than a masticated juicer.
Top Pick – Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer
This manual squeezer is my overall pick for the best manual lemon juicer that money can buy. It’s cheap and extremely simple to use. Just cut your fruit in half, and place it in the appliance. There’s no need to peel it first.
Then, you just squeeze – this is easy to do, and you don’t
need much strength in your hands. You’ll have pure juice, and no pesky seeds to
- Simple, no-nonsense citrus juicing.
- Easy to clean that takes seconds.
- Kitchens with limited storage space. This squeezer slips into a drawer when not in use.
Budget Pick – Drizom Citrus Juicer
You can squeeze your lemons, limes or even oranges over the
reamer, which extracts all the nutrients into juice. The appliance also
contains a grater though, so you can grind out some lemon zest if you wish. You
will not find anything else quite so functional at such a low price.
- Cheap, manual juicing.
- Measuring ingredients – this appliance comes equipped with a measuring jug.
- Grinding zest from peels, or even grinding other ingredients such as garlic.
Upgrade Pick – Zulay Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer
There’s no need to break the bank for a
lemon squeezer, but equally, there is no harm in upgrading to a
high-performance appliance. This stainless steel squeezer from Zulay is easy on
the eye and the hands.
Made of stainless steel that will not rust, or be damaged by the acidic content of lemon juice, this squeezer is built to last. It strains the juice from citrus fruits with a minimum of fuss and effort and strains out any unwelcome seeds.
Zulay is so confident that you’ll love this product that they offer a money-back guarantee if you’re less than 100% happy. I’m certain you’ll never need to take them up on this!
- Upgrading from a plastic lemon squeezer.
- Constant, easy squeezing.
- Professional use – this squeezer is chef-standard.
Bellemain Lemon Squeezer
Stainless steel lemon squeezers always ensure high
performance. Not everybody enjoys handling cool steel, though. This squeezer
from Bellemain offers the best of both worlds. The squeezing apparatus itself
is stainless steel, but the handles are silicone.
This device is simple to use. Cut your lemons or limes in half, and squeeze. That’s it! The appliance has small holes in the bottom of the squeezer to release the juice. This means you can drizzle lemons and limes juice straight into food if you prefer.
- Adding citrus juice to foods.
- Easy handling that’s soft to the touch.
- Long-term use.
Chef n FreshForce Citrus Juicer
If you’re looking for a simple and basic lemon squeezing experience, look no further. This model from Chef’n is a perfectly competent model for any kitchen.
Made from bright, eye-catching plastic, you can use this
juicer to uncomplicated crushing of citrus fruits.
Don’t stop there, though. This squeezer can also make tomato
juice and similar recipes. Best of all, cleaning consists of a quick rinse
under a cool tap.
- Affordable but versatile squeezing needs.
- Bright and cheerful aesthetics.
- Ergonomically sound, easy-to-use handles.
New Star Foodservice 43280 Stainless Steel Lemon
When you’ve seen one lemon squeezer you’ve seen them all,
right? That’s not the case. This appliance from New Star has a unique design.
I recommend the stainless steel model, as it’s excellent.
This squeezer will last for a lifetime. You can pick up a plastic model for
cheaper if you prefer, though.
The taste of your juice will be the same with either. You
can squeeze half a lemon with minimal effort, and not waste time dealing with
seeds or zest.
- A small and sleek aesthetic.
- Efficient, professional-standard citrus juicing.
- Cleaning in the dishwasher.
Cucisina Lemon Squeezer
This model of lemon squeezer brands itself as a, “no
mess” solution to your citrus squeezing needs. Cucisana promises that you’ll
never get lemon juice on your hands again. If you’ve ever rubbed your eye after
squeezing lemons, you’ll know that’s a good thing!
In addition, this squeezer is sturdy and solidly constructed. You won’t need to worry about it breaking on you. The juice is also filtered through pure aluminum, and all seeds are captured. This Cucisana squeezer is a solid all-rounder.
- Clean juicing.
- Basic and no-frills use.
- Lightweight handling.
CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
If you juice regularly, or in a professional capacity, a
handheld squeezer may not meet your needs. That’s where this vertical
freestanding model comes into play. You can quickly and efficiently squeeze
numerous fruits in a two with this appliance.
Just pop half a piece of fruit into this appliance, and a
glass below the filter. Pull the handle, and you’ll have delicious, fresh
juice. You can also use this squeezer for more exotic fruits, such as
pomegranate and grapefruit.
- Regular – and even constant – juicing.
- Commercial or professional use.
- Squeezing juice for exotic fruits.
Yimobra Original Lemon Squeezer
It takes some confidence to brand yourself the ‘original’
lemon squeezer in such a saturated marketplace. Yimbora’s appliance has the
performance to back up the claims, though. This is a high-performing citrus
The key difference between this squeezer and others – aside
from the bright colors – is the quality of the build. This squeezer will not
snap or struggle to retain performance. It also produces an impressive yield,
comparable to any rival. In many cases, it’s superior.
- Long-lasting performance.
- High yield of nutrition.
- Travelling with your lemon squeezer.
What are the Benefits of Juicing Lemons?
Bring juiced lemons into your diet boasts a range of health
benefits. Just some of the reasons to juice lemons include:
- Lemons are packed with Vitamin C. This means that you’ll enjoy a robust immune system. In addition, Vitamin C lowers your cholesterol and encourages a healthy heart.
- Lemon juice helps you lose, or manage, weight. Lemons give your metabolism a boost. By enjoying lemon juice, you’ll burn calories faster,
- Lemons contain citric acid. This acid is actually a good thing for the human body. If you are prone to bladder or kidney stones, lemon juice will dissolve them.
- Lemons help your body absorb more iron from the foods that you eat. This means that your blood will remain strong and healthy. With lemon juice, you will minimize the risk of anemia.
- Lemons can maintain your blood sugar levels. They contain high amounts of soluble fiber, which means that any sugar that you consume will be slowly digested.
As you’ll see, there are plenty of reasons to bring juiced
lemons into your diet!
Lemons and Limes Squeezer FAQs
Can You Put Lemon in a Juicer?
Lemons can be fed into a juicer. This will still prove all the goodness the lemon contains. However, unless you skin the lemon first, you’ll also be consuming the peel. A lemon’s peel is what gives this citrus fruit a bitter taste. Such lime juice is unlikely to be appealing to the palate.
Who designed the lemon squeezer?
Lemon squeezers a date back to Turkey in the 18th Century.
They became popular in the United States at the end of the 19th Century. Lewis
S. Chichester filed the first patent for a basic lemon squeezer in 1890. John
Thomas White filed a patent for an improved design in 1896. Overall, over 200
patents for different designs were filed between 1890 and 1920.
Do I need to peel lemon before juicing?
Unless you enjoy particularly bitter flavors, it’s best to
peel a lemon before juicing. Lemon peel will lead to a strong taste that many
people dislike. Lemon peel does have health and beauty benefits, though. Keep
your peel, and use it to make a facemask.
Can you juice a whole lemon with peel?
A juicer will be able to able to handle a whole lemon with
peel. As discussed though, the taste may not be to your liking. If you use a
lemon squeezer, you will not have this problem. The juice will be extracted
from the lemon, and you will be left with the peel.
What to Do With Lemons After Juicing?
One of the best things about juiced lemons if their versatility. You can apply lime juice to water as part of a weight loss regime. You can add drops to fruit juices to help them stay fresh longer. You can drizzle lime juice over seafood. The peel, meanwhile, can be used as a cosmetic product – it’s great for the skin. You could even use lemon peel as a cleaning product.
Can You Juice Frozen Lemons?
Yes, frozen lemons can be juiced. This means that you can buy in bulk. Just remember that frozen fruits have a tougher exterior. You’ll either need a powerful juicer or enough strength in your hands to squeeze a frozen lemon. You may find it easier to defrost a lemon before juicing.
- Top Lemon Lime Juicer Squeezer of 2020
- What is a Lemon/Lime Juicer Called?
- Top Pick – Zulay Lemon Lime Squeezer
- Budget Pick – Drizom Citrus Juicer
- Upgrade Pick – Zulay Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer
- Bellemain Lemon Squeezer
- Chef n FreshForce Citrus Juicer
- New Star Foodservice 43280 Stainless Steel Lemon
- Cucisina Lemon Squeezer
- CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
- Yimobra Original Lemon Squeezer
- What are the Benefits of Juicing Lemons?
- Lemons and Limes Squeezer FAQs
- Can You Put Lemon in a Juicer?
- Who designed the lemon squeezer?
- Do I need to peel lemon before juicing?
- Can you juice a whole lemon with peel?
- What to Do With Lemons After Juicing?
- Can You Juice Frozen Lemons?
- Wrap Up
As you’ll see, there is no shortage of options open to you. As a friendly reminder, I’ll say again. I personally consider the Zulay premium to be the best lemon squeezers available. You may wish to look into a different model, though. As long as you stick with one of the squeezers that I have reviewed, you’ll be just fine!